CORTAFLEX®HA REGULAR STRENGH POWDER
Supplement (Joint Health) For Horses
Cortaflex® HA Regular powder is designed for the nutritional maintenance of healthy joints in horses and ponies in light to moderate work, or older horses needing a little extra mobility support!
Cortaflex® HA Regular Powder provides a tried and tested blend of key compounds, with low sugar levels, making it suitable for horses and ponies prone to laminitis.
Cortaflex® HA Regular Powder includes collagen, hyaluronic acid, trace elements and amino acid building blocks to provide essential nutritional support for maintaining healthy cartilage and joint fluid. Cartilage is the spongy, elastic material which covers the ends of the bones within a joint, acting as a major shock absorber, and helping to reduce friction. Joint or synovial fluid should be thick and viscous, to bathe and lubricate the joint, also acting as a vital shock absorber.
- Provides key nutritional building blocks for joint support including collagen, amino acids, MSM, hyaluronic acid and trace elements.
- Suitable for all horses and ponies in light to medium work, and older horses and ponies to support mobility.
- Low sugar - suitable for horses and ponies prone to laminitis.
- BETA NOPS and UFAS accredited, ensuring our products do not contain prohibited substances and are suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations and the Rules of Racing.
- Tried and tested with over 2 million units sold worldwide
What is Cortaflex®?
Cortaflex® supplements are unique in the marketplace, and often misrepresented when compared with other joint supplements! Cortaflex® provides the building blocks to help the specialised cells in cartilage called chondrocytes maintain joint health.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CORTAFLEX?
• Collagen – an important compound needed by the chondrocytes to produce the water-based matrix of the cartilage. Collagen helps to give cartilage its strength. (We utilise a sustainable and ethical source of marine-derived collagen.)
• Amino acids such as glutamic acid – converted in the horse’s body to provide glutamine, which combines with glucose to form glucosamine – which itself then combines with other compounds to help give cartilage its flexibility and shock-absorbing properties.
• Hyaluronic acid (HA) – is a key component of joint fluid, which bathes the joint and acts as a lubricant and shock absorber.
• Copper, manganese and silicon – are important trace elements which are all needed to help the horse produce his own chondroitin, (another important structural compound in cartilage), collagen and hyaluronic acid.
More recently, as well as providing these vital building blocks, MSM has been
added to the Cortaflex® supplements, to provide a bio-available source of sulphur, which is important in the repair process of the sulphur-containing bonds in the cartilage matrix. MSM which also supports a normal inflammatory response.
Ingredients Per 14g Serving
|MSM 2500mg||Collagen 280mg|
|Manganese 50mg||Hyaluronic Acid60mg|
|Vitamin B6 5.6mg||Glutamic Acid 256mg|
Cortaflex® HA Regular Powder is a complementary feed for horses and ponies to help support and maintain healthy joints as part of a balanced diet.
Additives (per kg): Technological additives: Monosilicic acid E551a 2500mg. Nutritional additives: Manganese (3b506 Manganese chelate of glycine hydrate) 3571mg; Copper (3b413 Copper (II) chelate of glycine hydrate) 1786mg; Vitamin B6 (3a831 Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 400mg.
Composition: Dehydrated Alfalfa, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Calcium Carbonate, Whey Protein, Collagen (Marine), Rapeseed Oil, Hyaluronic Acid.
|Crude Protein16.7%||Crude Fibre18.3%|
|Crude Oils1.8%||Crude Ash13.1%|
Pack size: 500g Powder
Directions for use: For 500kg horse; for initial 10 days: 14g per day. Thereafter; 7g per day. Maximum; 14g per day. 7g (approx) measure enclosed.