CORTAFLEX®HA REGULAR STRENGH SOLUTION
Supplement (Joint Health) For Horses
Cortaflex® HA Regular Strength Solution is designed for the nutritional maintenance of healthy joints in horses and ponies in light to moderate work, or older horses needing a little extra mobility support!
Cortaflex® HA Regular Strength Solution provides a tried and tested blend of key compounds, in a low sugar, palatable liquid, making it suitable for horses and ponies prone to laminitis. Cortaflex® HA Regular Strength Solution includes collagen, hyaluronic acid, trace elements and amino acid building blocks to provide essential nutritional support for maintaining healthy cartilage and joint fluid. Cartilage is the spongy, elastic material which covers the ends of the bones within a joint, acting as a major shock absorber and helping to reduce friction. Joint or synovial fluid should be thick and viscous, to bathe and lubricate the joint, also acting as a vital shock absorber.
- Provides key nutritional building blocks for joint support including collagen, amino acids, MSM, hyaluronic acid and trace elements.
- Palatable liquid formulation, suitable for all horses and ponies in light to medium work, and older horses and ponies to support mobility.
- Low sugar - suitable for horses and ponies prone to laminitis
- BETA NOPS and UFAS accredited, ensuring our products do not contain prohibited substances and are suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations and the Rules of Racing.
- Tried and tested with over 2 million units sold worldwide.
What is Cortaflex®?
Cortaflex® supplements are unique in the marketplace, and often misrepresented when compared with other joint supplements! Cortaflex® provides the building blocks to help the specialised cells in cartilage called chondrocytes maintain joint health.
These building blocks include:
• Collagen – an important compound needed by the chondrocytes to produce the water-based matrix of the cartilage. Collagen helps to give cartilage its strength. (We utilise a sustainable and ethical source of marine-derived collagen.)
• Amino acids such as glutamic acid – converted in the horse’s body to provide glutamine, which combines with glucose to form glucosamine – which itself then combines with other compounds to help give cartilage its flexibility and shock-absorbing properties.
• Hyaluronic acid (HA) – is a key component of joint fluid, which bathes the joint and acts as a lubricant and shock absorber.
• Copper, manganese and silicon – are important trace elements which are all needed to help the horse produce his own chondroitin, (another important structural compound in cartilage), collagen and hyaluronic acid.
More recently, as well as providing these vital building blocks, MSM has been
added to the Cortaflex® supplements, to provide a bio-available source of sulphur, which is important in the repair process of the sulphur-containing bonds in the cartilage matrix. MSM which also supports a normal inflammatory response.
Key Ingredients per 30 ml Serving
|Collagen 450mg||MSM 2500mg|
|Hyaluronic Acid60mg||Manganese 50mg|
|Silicon 10mg||Copper 25mg|
|Glutamic Acid 275mg||Vitamin B65.6mg|
Cortaflex® HA Regular Strength Solution is a complementary feed for horses and ponies to help support and maintain healthy joints as part of a balanced diet.
Additives (per kg): Technological additives: Monosilicic acid E551a 1500mg. Nutritional additives: Manganese (3b504 Manganese chelate of glycine hydrate) 1700mg; Copper (3b414 Copper (II) chelate of glycine hydrate) 800mg; Vitamin B6 (3a831 Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 200mg.
Composition: Water, yeast (parts thereof), Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Collagen (Marine), Hyaluronic Acid
|Crude Fat<0.3%||Crude Ash<1.0%|
Pack size: 1L and 5L bottles
Directions for use: For 500kg horse: 30 ml per day for maintenance