CORTAFLEX®HA SUPER FENN POWDER
Supplement (Joint Health) For Horses
Performance horses’ joints are subjected to extreme forces during both training and competition, and cartilage and joint fluid are often the first areas to show signs of wear and tear. Cartilage is the spongy, elastic material that covers the ends of the bones within a joint, acting as a major shock absorber and helping to reduce friction. Joint or synovial fluid should be thick and viscous, to bathe and lubricate the joint, also acting as a vital shock absorber.
Cortaflex® HA Super Fenn Powder provides nutritional building blocks to help specialized cells, called chondrocytes, to maintain healthy cartilage, as well as providing hyaluronic acid to help maintain healthy joint fluid.
Providing powerful joint support for performance, racing and competition horses, or older horses with significant levels of wear and tear. Contains a unique combination of collagen, amino acid, hyaluronic acid and trace elements, delivering the important nutritional building blocks to support joint health. Also contains Boswellia and MSM to support a normal inflammatory response, promoting joint and muscle comfort in hard-working horses.
Also contains Boswellia and MSM to support joint and muscle comfort in hard working horses
- BETA NOPS and UFAS accredited, ensuring our products do not contain prohibited substances and are suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations and the Rules of Racing. Tried and tested with over 2 million units sold worldwide.
What is Cortaflex®?
Cortaflex® supplements are unique in the marketplace, and often misrepresented when compared with other joint supplements! Cortaflex® provides the building blocks to help the specialised cells in cartilage called chondrocytes maintain joint health.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CORTAFLEX?
• Collagen – an important compound needed by the chondrocytes to produce the water-based matrix of the cartilage. Collagen helps to give cartilage its strength. (We utilise a sustainable and ethical source of marine-derived collagen.)
• Amino acids such as glutamic acid – converted in the horse’s body to provide glutamine, which combines with glucose to form glucosamine – which itself then combines with other compounds to help give cartilage its flexibility and shock-absorbing properties.
• Hyaluronic acid (HA) – is a key component of joint fluid, which bathes the joint and acts as a lubricant and shock absorber.
• Copper, manganese and silicon – are important trace elements which are all needed to help the horse produce his own chondroitin, (another important structural compound in cartilage), collagen and hyaluronic acid.
More recently, as well as providing these vital building blocks, MSM has been
added to the Cortaflex® supplements, to provide a bio-available source of sulphur, which is important in the repair process of the sulphur-containing bonds in the cartilage matrix. MSM which also supports a normal inflammatory response.
Key nutrients/ingredients per 15g serving
|Collagen 360mg||MSM 2500mg|
|Hyaluronic Acid150mg||Manganese 50mg|
|Silicon 10mg||Copper 25mg|
|Boswellia 450mg||Vitamin B 67.5mg|
|Glycine 525mg||Whey Protein Isolate 450mg|
|Proline 61mg||Glutamic Acid 225mg|
Additives (per kg): Technological additives: Monosilicic acid E551a 2500mg. Nutritional additives: Manganese (3b506 Manganese chelate of glycine hydrate) 3333mg, Copper (3b413 Copper (II) chelate of glycine hydrate) 1667mg, Vitamin B6 (3a831 Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 500mg. Sensory additives: 2b Boswellia 30,000mg, Glycine (2b17034) 3121mg, Glutamic acid (2b620) 7350mg.
Composition: Dextrose, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Calcium Carbonate, Whey Protein, Collagen (Marine), Rapeseed Oil, Hyaluronic Acid.
|Crude Protein7.1%||Crude Ash6.0%|
Pack size: Powder: 500g (2 month supply) or 1kg
Directions for use: For 500kg horse; in hard work: 15g per day. For maintenance; 7.5g per day. Maximum; 15g per day. 7.5g (approx) measure enclosed.